Contact Tonya Hart, Boardman Township Clerk to:
- Register to Vote
- Update Voter Registration
- Apply to Serve as an Election Worker
- Request Land Split Information (Find the Land Split Application Here)
- Find Cemetary Information
- FOIA Requests.
PO Box 88
South Boardman, MI 49680
Agendas, Minutes, Bills
Duties and Responsibilities
The Clerk's duties and responsibilities center on statutorily assigned functions, most of which are administrative. Many of the Clerk's duties are carefully detailed by state law. The Clerk is a member of the Township Board of Trustees, thus votes on the questions of budget, personnel appointments, contracts, agreements and all other matters that come before the Township Board.
The Clerk's office has frequent daily contact with Township residents. Request for all types of information – from meeting places and dates to absentee ballot and employment inquiries – come to the Clerk's Office, in person, by telephone, letter, fax and e-mail. The Clerk's Department is the information center of the Township.
· Maintains custody of all Township records
· Records and maintains township meeting minutes
· Keeps the township book of oaths
· Responsible for special meeting notices
· Keeps township ordinance books
· Maintains general ledger
· Prepares warrants
· Prepares financial statements
· Delivers tax certificates to supervisor prior to September 30th
· Maintains voter registration files and conducts elections
· Must appoint a deputy